Technical Data Lead (EDM)
Location: City of London (Hybrid)
Salary: £100,000/yr - £120,000/yr
Role: Technical Data Lead – Enterprise Data Management Specialist – Finbourne, IHS Markit, Bloomberg DMS, GoldenSource
Client: Insurance / Pensions / Asset Management
City of London (Hybrid)
£100,000 – £120,000 + 25% Bonus and Benefits
A globally recognised, pension, investments and asset management organisation now requires a Enterprise Data Management Specialist to work as part of their Platform Data team based in London.
As Data Integration Lead, you will work within the Data Platform team within software engineering, that are responsible for reference, market and asset data to the business. The Data Integration team contribute to the overall success of the business by maximizing implementation and maintenance of robust technical data solutions and integrations to the core platform. This helps the business to fulfill important tasks such as regulatory reporting, audit, asset buy or sell decisions and analyzing future pension payments.
In this role, you will report directly to the Development Manager and will play a key part in the overall Data strategy with one direct report.
- Design, build, document, deploy and test data integration solutions in line with business requirements across non prod and production environments.
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose technical and data issues when incidents occur or as highlighted by users.
- Perform quality assurance checks and peer reviews, testing, brainstorm and design change exercises.
- Collaborate with the application support team for solution hand-over to production.
- As subject matter expert, train and support the team’s solution to other team members and the application support team.
- Improve upon processes, controls and procedures that add value to the team and company with respect to data security, robustness, best-practice, reliability, performance, scalability, company strategy and team efficiency
- Proven experience in integration data management platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration industry best practices o Strong analytical and numerical skills are essential, enabling easy interpretation and analysis of large volumes of data.
- Cloud and hybrid data integration. Azure cloud technologies e.g. APIs, logging, integration patterns. o Experience of integrating multiple data sources
- Strong SQL programming skills on database technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server Experience of producing ETL using tools such as ADF
- Experience of producing reports using tools such as MS Power BI
- Knowledge of reading logical and physical data modelling diagrams
- Experience of using data and meta data comparison tools such as Excel vlookups, pivots
- Experience of the full software development life cycle
- Experience of scripting languages such as, Bash, Python or another structured programming language such as C# or Java.
Recruiter: David Blackmore