Resilience and Non-Financial Risk - Senior Manager
Location: London (On-site)
Resilience and Non-Financial Risk Senior Manager – Big 4 Consultancy
Competitive Salary + Bonus and Benefits Package – Hybrid Working Model
Resilience and Risk Management is a broad based proposition covering compliance, risk governance, non-financial risk management, operational resilience, and third party risk management. The client support all sectors of the Financial Services industry with advice on developing risk strategy, maintaining regulatory compliance, transforming risk operating models, developing enterprise risk and control frameworks, assessing and monitoring risk and reducing cost and risk in their supply chains.
As a Senior Manager in R&RM you will work on a wide variety of engagements that allows you to leverage the experience you have gained in your career to date as well as quickly develop new skills across the entire R&RM agenda including:
- Non-Financial Risk Providing advisory services for clients as they seek to evolve their strategy and approach to address ever changing non financial risk challenges; Utilising knowledge of industry best practice to help clients implement non-financial risk operating models that drive proactive risk management in a cost efficient manner; Supporting the review, design, implementation and transformation of enterprise risk and control frameworks and; Consider the use of data and technology to strengthen how clients monitor and manage non-financial risks.
- Compliance – support clients transform their approach to compliance risk management by utilising industry knowledge, developing new and innovative operating models, leveraging the best of technology, workforce diversification and operational excellence to ensure that compliance delivers a high quality of control efficiently.
They are looking for individuals with experience across one or more of these areas. It is not expected that you will have worked in all these areas.
Key Responsibilities – Resilience and Non-Financial Risk Senior Manager
Working with the team and engagement leader, you will take responsibility for various areas of the engagement, which may include:
- Leading discussions to understand client operations, focus areas and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build client relationships on an ongoing basis, partnering with clients in developing plans, objectives and expectations for the engagement
- Coaching and developing internal team members to implement new ways of working that meet client objectives and expectations and ensure we are enhancing our people capability for now and the future.
- Delivering reports and key outcomes for clients for the services requested in alignment with objectives and expectations for the engagement.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the Financial Services market to ensure that our offerings remain market leading and support our clients effectively manage a fast evolving risk landscape.
- Leading conversations, sharing industry insights and key industry shifts with clients, regarding risk management topics.
- Leading business development activities through new or existing relationships with clients, such as preparing responses to tenders, driving sales opportunities and participating in sales pitches.
- Supporting proposition leaders develop market leading tools and techniques which will differentiate us from our competitors.
- Ownership of your own personal development to ensure you remain equipped with the skills relevant to the proposition now and in the future.
- Coaching other members of the team, providing support, training and feedback.
- Active role in proposition development activities to make R&RM a ‘great place to work’
The ideal candidate will be…
From a wholesale bank or consultancy with a technical background. They are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop, who can think on their feet, and apply their knowledge and experience in a fast paced working environment.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Exposure to one or more of our proposition areas from a Financial Services perspective, including compliance, risk governance, non-financial risk management, operational resilience, or third party risk management
- Experience of working on risk and compliance operating model transformations to define business requirements, design new processes and systems and implement them with the client
- Project/programme management experience including the creation of project plans, managing and tracking budgets, monitoring risks and issues and executive level status reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in particular ability to write concise and accurate reports and create and deliver compelling presentations.
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple internal and external stakeholders, working on a wide range of projects and initiatives.
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team.
If you, or anyone you know, are looking to join a major client within their risk management/compliance team and add significant value at a senior level then this is the role for you.