Lead Data Scientist
Location: Brussels Metropolitan Area (Hybrid)
📝 Title: Lead Data Scientist (Retail)
💰 Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
📍 Location: Brussels, Belgium
Orbis is working with with a global consultancy who partners with leaders is business and societies to help them in tackling key challenges, to find an experienced Lead Data Scientist (Retail) for their tech build and design unit.
About the company
Founded in 1963, this company helps clients with complex changes inspiring transformation to enable organisations to build competitive advantage and grow.
Their tech build and design unit drives the company’s functional and industry expertise, bringing together advanced technological knowledge and entrepreneurship to help enable their client’s innovation. Furthermore, they have a further division dedicated to building ground-breaking AI and digital systems through custom products powered by proprietary data assets.
With nearly 3,000 technologists, scientists, programmers, engineers and designers located across over 80 cities, their tech build and design unit works in close collaboration to create bold an disruptive products and services,
As a Lead Data Scientist (Retail) you will direct diverse team of digital specialists, such as data scientists, engineers, and designers, to deliver revolutionary solutions for their retail clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working hand in hand with their senior staff, some of the world’s top minds in their respective field of analytics and retail industry, on cases that reshape retail businesses around the world.
- Being hands-on and applying data science methods and analytics to real-world business challenges of leading retail companies.
- Being responsible for supporting your team to flourish through thought leadership, team mentoring and business development.
- Providing clients with advice on advanced analytics that extend beyond the immediate scope of your project work.
- Working in a varied and rigorous consulting environment at client sites, with projects varying in length, size, and location, depending on the client’s challenge. As well as being prepared for the possibility of travelling internationally, due to their clients operating all over the world.
Requirements for This Role:
- 8+ years of professional experience in Data Science, Research, Computer Science, and Artificial Intelligence in the retail sector OR a PhD in a relevant field, combined with 5+ years of experience in a leading retailer.
- Extensive experience applying advanced analytics to diverse business challenges in modern retail, with a proven ability to synthesize complex data.
- A deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical foundations, as well as being able to translate them into business implications for retail clients.
- A strong grasp of core retail processes such as pricing, promotion management, assortment optimization, space planning, replenishment, markdown management, etc.
- The ability to guide and develop teams in their consulting skill sets, motivate them, and establish a solid foundation for future growth.
- A proven track record of building credibility and relationships with senior stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, to align strategy, inspire, and execute on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated experience managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, shaping the product vision and roadmap, delivering exceptional customer experiences, and managing stakeholder interactions.
- The ability to communicate sophisticated data science concepts in a coherent manner and distil complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python preferred) as well as expertise in core analytic methods, such as predictive modelling, segmentation/clustering, network analysis, machine learning, time series analysis, text mining, NLP, etc.
- An outstanding academic background in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, economics, machine learning, or a related data centric field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Recruiter: Vega Caputo Ortiz