Location: London (Hybrid)
Salary: £70,000/yr - £90,000/yr
Role: Senior Data Engineer
Tech Stack: Python, AWS, Airflow, DBT, SQL
Industry: Fintech – Business Banking
Location: City of London & Remote / Hybrid
Our hyper-growth, fintech scale up, use their AI and Machine Learning technology to generate robust business data to predict future profitability for customers worldwide!
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting in the design, development, and maintenance of our data processing systems. You will work closely with senior, experienced data scientists, data engineers, software developers and analysts to understand their data requirements and help build robust and efficient data pipelines to support their work.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the design, development, prototyping, operations and implementation of data pipelines using technologies such as Python, SQL, DBT, AWS, Airflow, and our reporting tools.
- Work closely with the business to understand their data requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with the machine learning team to understand their data requirements and provide data engineering solutions to support their model development, training, and deployment needs.
- Help to ensure the quality, accuracy, and security of data throughout its lifecycle, including data ingestion, collection, storage, processing, and analysis.
- Strong software engineering skills including familiarity with Python, expertise in data manipulation using SQL and experience with version control systems.
- Experience writing production-level code and deploying code to production, including familiarity with containerization best practices.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data engineering and storage technologies such as AWS or GCP, and orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- Knowledge of data modelling and database design principles.
- Understanding of data integration and ETL processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing business critical data pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and workflows, and experience in working with data engineering solutions to support machine learning initiatives.
If you are a talented Data Engineer looking to join a company of severe growth coupled with lots of opportunity to work on cutting edge, greenfield projects, then send a copy of your updated CV to this advertisement and to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiter: David Blackmore