Cloud Data Engineer
Location: Portugal (Remote)
Cloud Data Engineer – Portugal (Fully Remote) – Competitive Salary + Competitive Package + Opportunity to work with an Ambitious, Fast-Growing Organisation
A well-respected consulting firm dedicated to customer transformation are seeking a Cloud Data Engineer to join their team and drive through the Data strategy for the overall business and their customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Cloud Data Engineer professional to take that next step into a position with an ambitious and growing organisation.
This German company, with a strong presence in Portugal, focus on Data Analytics to drive the Digital Transformation of their customers. They focus on customer strategy and defining design through Data Analytics.
About the Company:
Founded in the 2010’s, this young and quickly growing company are doing very well – having already grown to c450 employees!
Already a global presence with representation in 10+ countries, they lead the journey for their customers from strategy to action.
Their competencies are:
- Data Analytics
- Training & Qualification
- Talent Management
- Customer Experience and Design
They can offer:
- Education through their in-house academy
- A company car
- Unique team atmosphere – a young, highly motivated team and a corporate culture characterized by trust and respect
- Flat hierarchies
- Flexibility – through home office working, trust-based working hours and free choice of seat
- Company doctor
- International employee events – Summer party, Christmas party, Town Hall, Global Conference, etc
- Coffee & snacks – fresh fruit, local coffee, sweets, drinks and a muesli bar at your disposal
- Employee discounts – many different discounts can be used via our employee portal
- Sports and fitness offers – they offer a discounted membership in the fitness studio on the floor above us.
About the Cloud Data Engineer Role:
For their Data & Technology Team, they are currently looking for a new member located in Portugal.
- You design and build modern data pipelines in AWS – from architecture to data processing to quality management
- You implement innovative data and analytics platforms
- You explore, prepare and transform data
- You support the internal know-how buildup
- You develop products and consult on data analytics technologies
Ideal Requirements for this Role:
- Academic degree in software engineering or informatics
- Working experience in data engineering or data science, especially in building data pipelines
- Very good knowledge of Python and other object-oriented programming languages, common Python-based frameworks and APIs, ideally also PySpark and SQL
- Familiarity with the AWS data engineering and machine learning stack, certifications are a plus
- Ideally, experience in developing advanced data architectures in the AWS Cloud (e.g., Data Lakes).
- Depending on the level, experience with Infrastructure-as a Code (e.g., Terraform) and CI/CD pipelines (e.g., GitHub Actions)
- Enjoy analyzing and processing data
- Fluent in English and good intercultural communication skills
- Team player with an independent and self-reliant working style
- Pragmatism, solution orientation, and analytical mindset