Client Onboarding Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Salary: £70,000/yr - £80,000/yr
Client Onboarding Manager | Investment Management | London | 12-month FTC
We’re partnering with a globally recognised investment management firm known for its client-centric approach, diverse expertise in various asset classes, and commitment to ethical and responsible investing. With a global perspective, the company emphasises long-term strategies, innovation, and research while valuing diversity and inclusion. They prioritise educating clients, maintaining transparency, and fostering an environment that aligns with their values.
The Client Onboarding and Restructures team operates on a global scale, with team members located in both London and Cape Town. This team has a wide-ranging remit that encompasses various aspects, including clients, products, and trading markets worldwide. In the client onboarding process and ongoing lifecycle events, the Client Onboarding Manager serves as the representative when interacting with clients and external entities. The Onboarding Manager holds the responsibility of orchestrating all elements involved in institutional client transitions and takes proactive measures to facilitate seamless and efficient onboarding or restructuring processes by maintaining open communication with all relevant parties, both internal and external.
As a Client Onboarding Manager, you will:
- Co-ordinate the take-on process for institutional segregated and pooled fund investors by liaising internally with teams such as Legal, Compliance, Investment Operations, Client Operations, Finance, Fund Operations, Investment and Implementation Teams and Client Group
- Liaise with clients to ensure requirements are understood and subsequently met, that the client remains fully informed and expectations are managed alongside funding and/ or transition timelines
- Ensure requirements and processes of external parties such as custodians, transition managers, clearing brokers, administrators, accountants and trading counterparties are considered as part of the onboarding and restructuring process
- Establish servicing and operating processes with the clients’ appointed third-party representatives
- Set up client portfolios and other records on internal systems and liaise with the appointed Investment Administrator to arrange for the set-up of client portfolios and ensure the necessary linkages are established from an operational perspective
- Work alongside the Compliance department to ensure that all regulatory obligations are met with respect to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) process for new clients
- Be responsible for sending regular, clear and detailed updates to the business with regard to the status of new and ongoing transition activity
- Conduct post-on boarding hand-over meetings with the relevant departments internally
- Co-ordinate the operational set-up of new Funds and support transitional activity on existing Funds
To excel in this role, you will need:
- 5+ years of relevant transition experience
- A solid understanding of the various aspects of client transitions, including operational processes, legal and regulatory risks, AML regulations, market risk, pooled vehicles and external transition managers.
- The ability to tackle unfamiliar challenges, questions and tasks with a proactive and thorough approach, whilst considering the impact on the broader business.