1st Line Network Support Engineer
Location: West Malling, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
📝Title – 1st Line Network Support Engineer
💰 Base – £25,000
📍 Location – West Malling, Kent
🚊 Flexibility – Hybrid, 3 days a week in the office
Please note sponsorship is not on offer for this role.
About the company 💡
They are a market-leading managed connectivity services provider, with their product providing high-speed networking, cloud, data, IoT and edge computing services that power performance and efficiency.
They work across a range of sectors, predominantly within infrastructure, construction, and engineering sectors within the UK and internationally.
Role Summary 💼
As a 1st Line Network Support Engineer, you will be providing technical support and 1st line troubleshooting for network issues, as well as acting as the first point of contact for network-related incidents.
You will be hands-on, providing technical help to clients, as well as troubleshooting and resolving technical difficulties and problems.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for network issues, including network connectivity problems, network hardware and software issues, and network infrastructure upgrades.
- Be responsible for handling initial support of service requests related to all network technology, including routers, wireless access points, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
- Provide support for client networks and applications across the UK and Europe.
- Provide remote and telephone support for client networks and applications.
- Perform network monitoring and analysis to ensure optimal network performance.
- Respond to network-related incidents and service requests in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with other members of the Network Operations technical team, such as system administrators and network engineers, to resolve network issues or escalate as appropriate and implement network changes.
- Maintain network documentation, including detailed inventories of network devices and configurations.
- Collaborate with vendors and service providers to resolve network-related issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest networking technologies, trends, and security best practices.
- Adhere to established network management procedures and policies.
Ideal requirements 🧠
- 1+ years of experience within the support sector.
- Networking knowledge covering ADSL Broadband, Local Area Networks, Switches and VLANs.
- An understanding of cabling needs for IT/Telephone System Jobs.
- Experience providing Windows 10/11 Administration and Support.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
- Ability to install, configure, upgrade and relocate Network hardware, software and print devices.
- Any qualifications such as CCNA, Network+, or MCITP are desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies.
Apply to the Role:
Roles like these are snapped up very quickly, so act now if you do not want to miss out! Reply to this advert or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiter: Vega Caputo Ortiz